Old February 14th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Plastic/Vinyl letters

If you do find a bump under the film you could always cut out that one
little area and put a small patch over it.

Udo Rumpf wrote:
Bill,
I would be very difficult to apply this kind of finish on a larger scale.
You would need a clean room not unlike a chip manufacturer.
The smallest dust particle, if trapped, magnifies the imperfection.
It is difficult enough to do it on a smaller scale.
Regards
Udo

Monokote is just the model airplane brand of a heat shrinkable plastic
film which is probably avialable in widths and thicknesses that are
big enough for glider wings. I've wondered if somethng like this
woldn't make an inexpensive refinish process.

bildan