Old October 23rd 04, 04:38 AM
Mark Manes

I had 1100 TT single engine and Instrument rating and 48 yrs old. I bought
a 310 in Oct 2001 with the intention of getting my ME Commercial rating (had
bypass surgery in Nov 2001) and ended up getting the rating in Sept 2002.
First year with no rating and no ME or Complex time was $6700, 2nd year with
70 hrs and ME Commercial & Instrument rating was $6500,3rd year with 200
hrs $3700 and this year with 400 hrs $3200. Starting out was limited to an
instructor with 25 hrs time in type (and a bunch of ME/complex time-750 hrs
I think). I had to have 25 hrs dual after getting the rating and a yearly
IPC. No required recurrent training (yet). I even asked if I would get a
break for recurrent training and they wouldnt say. Underwritten by
Aerospace 1st 2 yrs and now Aviation Markets

Mark Manes
N28409
WC5I

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
Go to someone else. I know people without multi ratings at all are
being insured in C-310's. The tipoff is the Seneca vs. C-310
comparison - the C-310 is definitely a more demanding airplane.

Michael

I've been with my agent for a while, and she's pretty thorough. I'm
going to Action Multi Ratings in Groton, CT. Many other pilots I know
have gone through there. The training is all in a Seneca I for about
$1500, which includes books, ground school, wet rental, instructor and
the checkride. That's a good deal, in my opinion, especially because
there are at least 5 other pilots I know that did it and raved about
the program there.

I'd love to know the companies that are insuring twins to owners with
0 time, provisioning that they fly with an instructor for X hours.
They may have existed in the past, but I have a feeling they're far
and few between now, and probably have some pretty crappy premiums.