Old July 21st 04, 04:13 AM
C J Campbell

"Ryan Ferguson" wrote in message
om...
C J Campbell wrote:

First of all, I am not interested in running an anti-Cirrus campaign.

Just
because I favor the T182 over the Cirrus and that I think the Cirrus

SR22
has some serious defects, some of you guys seem to think that I want to

run
some kind of holy crusade against Cirrus.

Okay. I don't give Cirrus a blanket endorsement either, but I think
Cessna's going to have their hands full for the forseeable future in the
single-engine airplane market. The Cessna products are still fine for
what they do, but I think the majority of the market will choose Cirrus
for the average private pilot mission.

I think most people don't have much choice. Cessna has shown little
willingness to innovate or even build adequate numbers of the designs they
have. I am flabbergasted, actually, that Cessna managed to install the
G-1000 in several of their planes.

Now, if Cirrus really has managed to get the 4350 hour limitation lifted
then that removes one of my major objections.

Do you honestly still think there's any doubt?

Not really, but I will keep annoying Javier as long as I can.

I think the safety record is
still terrible, but I suspect that is more a function of training and

the
kind of pilots that buy Cirrus than it is of the airplane.

This is a voluminous subject on which I have many opinions, but in a
nutshell
I believe the statistics show it's the training, not the airplane.

I think that is right, but the SR22 seems to be the kind of airplane that
attracts the wrong kind of pilots. Oh, well. Bonanza is, no doubt, glad to
get some competition for the title of doctor killer.