Old April 21st 12, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Michael

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Apr 19, 9:44*am, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is grounded because it has exceeded its 35 year factory maintenance program service life. *About a year ago the current type certificate holder, S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A., announced it intended to submit a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) to EASA - with follow-on submission to the FAA. *We are no longer able to reach S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A. by phone - and they do not respond to emails. *Can anyone shed any light on the status of the SLEP or offer any contact information for S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A.? *We enjoy this ship and would like to return it to service.

It has always been my understanding that if you don't comply with the
life limit extension requirements or exceed the times you can convert
to experimental certificate (in the US) and keep on flying. This
would render the glider useless for commercial operations but
otherwise it would be airworthy.