Old January 4th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Engine problem - Seneca II

"Capt.Doug" wrote in message
"Darkwing" wrote in message
I'm assuming that turbos on planes have a popoff boost valve.

You know what they say about assuming....

The stock Seneca 2 does not have automatic wastegates.

D.

That is why I stuck the disclaimer in there. So what happens on a turbo
plane if you pull the power back real fast without a wastegate? On a car if
the wastegate fails you can damage the engine.

I have had the distinct pleasure of driving a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo 01'
vette on more than one occasion, 650hp, 6 speed, BAD BAD BAD!!!

DW