Old October 14th 07, 07:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Willem Van der Voort

Default Air Force VFamily Portrait 1958

"Paul Laughlin" schreef in bericht
In 1958, the B-58 was not yet a part of the Air Force family. I was the
39th man to
sign in to the B-58 Test Force at Carswell AFB in the spring of '58. We
did
not get our first aircraft until months later. The first production model
of the B-58 was delivered, across the runway, on December 1, 1959. The
F-104A, which was the first production model, was delivered in 1958 . I
do
know that they were used, at times, as chase planes for the B-58 test
flights. I believe that the F104 was used when speed was of the essence.
Most of the time they used F-102s for chase planes. I was a lowly
enlisted
man, who worked on the maintenance of the B-58 Bombing/Navigation system.
am pretty sure that the one at Paris in '58 was a test model. I am not
positive just when the image that I posted was shot. I hope this has
helped
a little bit.
Paul in Portland OR

Thanks for the information.

I was in Paris when the B-58 arrived direct from the USA in a non stop
flight.

I believe he did it in 3 hours.

Willem