Old August 20th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al[_7_]

Default Ray Lynskey 1995 World Champion has died

On Aug 20, 5:53*am, Al wrote:
On Aug 20, 1:24*am, Bruce Hoult wrote:

On Aug 20, 4:59*pm, Karaka wrote:

Sad news for an icon in Soaringhttp://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/2771344/Gliding-champ...

That is very sad news :-(

I was looking for video of Ray on the net and could find only this,
commenting on Ely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Q42T-RdwU

Does anyone have more that could be uploaded? *The scene in "Lucy
Learns to Fly" in which Ray explains wave to Lucy and Gavin would be
great. I have it on VHS, but no longer a working VHS player, or any
way to digitize it.

That is my video I took of Ray in 1999 at Ely.

We were standing around in the morning BS'ing and I had the video
camera handy.
So we shot that little skit about how bad the gliding was at Ely.

A fine pilot and good friend he will be sadly missed by all who new
him.

The best film record of Ray I think is still "champions of the wave"

regards

Al

You can watch Champions of the wave online here...
http://www.joost.com/0200082/t/Champions-of-the-Wave

Al