Old September 29th 16, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Becker AR3201 Squelch

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 10:58:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm having similar squelch issues as the Dittel post with my Becker AR3201. Which direction do you adjust the squelch to reduce noise? Manual shows where the adjustment is located but does not explain adjustments.

Gary C.

It has been said before for the Dittel but applies to all radios: be careful before degrading the range and reception of your radio by changing the squelch break level. First turn off other elt. items such as vario, computer, Flarm etc. and make sure they are not making RF noise. My Vertica nav computer was the culprit and it was remedied by putting a choke on to the cable feeding it.