Old April 25th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

Default Variations in soft field landings

Newps wrote:

Erik wrote:

Regardless of the type of landing, even short field or soft, I've
always been taught to clean up the aircraft after I'm clear of the
runway. I don't touch anything until then. So, keep them down, I've
been taught.

That is the weekend pilot information you got there. You give up
performance but you'll never retract the wheels on the ground. It's a
newbie answer. Are you a newbie?

Yep, I'm a n00b. And it's a pain in the ass trying to retract the
wheels on those damn 150's. It's a manual procedure that's fairly
difficult to extend as well.

I'm also not fortunate to be a weekend pilot. More like a monthly
pilot. $100 hamburgers are good, but can't do that weekly