Old May 17th 21, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joe Flores

Default WX Block Speedcoat

HI Dan-
We ended up using Speedcoat back last year as the WX block regular stuff was backordered and unavailable when we needed it.. While it works ok, it is just not the same as WX Block II original creamy stuff. Speedcoat is no hack, no short cut. WX Block leaves the ship slicker longer and is just better. The WX seal is a good cleaner and prep for the second part, the block. I have used other boating products with similar success but even as pricey as it is, WX Seal and Block (they swapped the position of the words!) is hard to beat. Follow the instructions, use a cotton cloth to apply, but definitely use a microfiber to remove. That really gets you a great, long lasting shine.
We ended up doing other polishing work, sanding some crazed gelcoat and polishing with 3M finesse-it. Good off season work.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Joe Flores
MGSA

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 2:07:04 PM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
On Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 2:50:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the WX block product "Speedcoat?" I am impressed by the new "nano" and "crystal" tech coatings that are replacing old school waxes. Here in Georgia we have moisture environmental issues that exacerbate crazing on our gelcoat. I am a fan of the older WX Block & Seal products. They worked very well for the gelcoat on my old Open Cirrus but I am curious for the new stuff.

.

Thanks!

Joe Flores
Mid Georgia Soaring Association (MGSA)

I'm also curious about Speedcoat. Has anyone used it?