Old August 8th 05, 10:15 PM
Bob Noel

In article .com,
wrote:

Our club just received our newest 172. The previous owner put a decal
on the door advertising his company and we would like to remove it
without harming the paint. Any suggestions?

I used an old credit card and lots of patience to remove a decal from
the tank of my motorcycle. This was one of those decals designed to
breakup if removed. The use of a hair dryer seemed to be ineffective
(and I didn't push it because it was, after all, a gas tank).

A little polishing compound and you can't tell there was ever a decal.

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule