Old June 29th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default Things to remember in very hot weather

Yep. Roughly 3.5°F per 1000' or 7°C per 1000m. Unless you are in frikkin
California right now where there is an inversion layer trapping all this GD
smoke and making it a hellhole to live in. And I **AM** at 3000' MSL at
home (the contour line runs right through the garden).

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
muff528 wrote:
I don't actually drive the airplane, although I have in the past taken
controls of a Tri-Pacer and a Cherokee for extended distances while
flying places with my boss back in the 70's.

So you're not familiar with winds & temp aloft charts, etc...?

The standard rate of temperature drop is more common than you're thinking.