Old March 19th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Flying from North America to Hawaii

"Ron Webb" wrote

Come to Alaska first. Then head south from Cold Bay, Ak airport, stop at
Midway Island, Then proceed to Kawai' airport on the northernmost of the
major Hawaiian islands, and never require a leg more than 1300 miles.
If I don't make it, who cares...I'll just land and siphon fuel from the
nearest boat;^}- or maybe raise a sail for the last bit...

Now let's hear from the flame artists, telling me why it's impossible.

No flames from me, but wouldn't you have to have near dead calm conditions,
to land in the middle of the ocean, amidst all of the swells? Then, if you
do land, would you be able to take off again?

Actually, I can just see you raising a mast on top of your airplane, and
sailing into the nearest harbor. I would pay money, to see that! g
--
Jim in NC