Old June 6th 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default Anyone used FlywithCE?

On Jun 5, 9:54*am, Rob Shepherd wrote:
Evening all,

Has anyone used one of the FlywithCE devices, comments on ease of use,
accuracy, battery duration would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Rob

Mine works fine. Just have to make sure batteries are charged. I
always do so now. Had a problem with downloading flights going too
far back, but the guys from CE worked with me on live computer
interaction and was fixed. GPS altitude shows higher than pressure
altitude when near class A level, which is typical for GPS. My Garmin
Pilot 3 shows the same descrepancy. The little gizmo works for
SeeYou and OLC, which is all I was wanting. Its a good bang for the
cheap buck. Sure will be good when they get the clearance for badge
use... maybe by early next year, if IGC gets things further clarified.

Bob