Old November 24th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

Default Canadian Pilot wants U.S. Certificate

On Nov 24, 9:57�am, wrote:

Why would it take 4 days to complete the licence? �Writing the test
should be fairly quick, and I think I can convince an instructor that
I know what I'm doing in fairly short order.

Interesting comment, which may send up a red flag in most CFI's
minds. Reminds of the transition pilot who inquired about a "crash
course" in glider flying with me at Marfa. After a good laugh and an
explanation of the process, he decided to spend a few extra days here
to earn his glider rating, and we both enjoyed the time together.

Please know we (Knut, Fred, Burt and many other CFIG's) are here to
help you meet your goals, but it is not what YOU think, it is what
your instructor and FAA Pilot Examiner think about your knowledge and
skill. So enjoy the process! Take your time -- do it right -- be
proficient to a high standard. It's actually more fun for all of us
if you do it this way.

Burt
Marfa, Texas USA