Old April 5th 04, 06:17 AM
John A. Weeks III

In article , Steve
Wanasek wrote:

Could anyone direct me to a site to get historical information on the NAS
HUTCHINSON and NAS OLATHE bases. Both bases were in Kansas and if memory
serves me correct they were both closed in the late '50's.

I seemed to find info doing google searches. I visited the former
NAS Hutchinson about a year ago. It is now largely overgrown, but
the concrete ramps and runways are still there. Some of the buildings
are being used by the county and a local university. Much of the
rest of the activity is a mid-sized company that uses the base to
build, store, and test emergency vehicles such as ambulances.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com