Old February 9th 05, 02:46 AM
Blanche

N. Schwartz wrote:
I will be flying (IFR if necessary) to ALM from the west (Socorro) on a
weekend. Does anyone know what routing to expect to avoid the many
restricted areas of the White Sands Missile Range and Holloman AFB?

Your best bet is to get the ABQ sectional and call the FSS over
there for the details. Many of the MOAs are surface to infinity
(as you've probably already noticed) 24x7.

Considering it's 84 nm flying and there's really good roads you
may want to decide to drive rather than fly.

On the other hand, looking at my ABQ sectional you may want to
investigate

ONM northeast around R-5107C (gnd to space) over to R-5109B then
due south to ALM (looks like R-5109xxx is FL240 to space).

I'd really suggest calling the ALM and/or ONM local folks and the
FSS to get the official word.