Old April 22nd 05, 12:17 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Morgans wrote:
I hope the consensus standards board, or if the Symphony (or any other
made in China airplanes) are to be certified, I hope they tear it apart stem
to stern, and check every part for hardness, fatigue, and any other test
they can think of. I can only imagine airplanes falling from the sky, just
like the public thinks is going to happen. One thing for certain; I will
not be flying in a made in China airplane.

I wonder how many others feel the same way.

I don't feel this way at all. I have PIC time in Chinese made aircraft,
and I've helped do the grunt work to annual one. The CJ6 I flew was (and
is, I know the owner, and he's still flying it very frequently despite
the big paycut he had to take going from software engineering to flying
for the airlines!) a very well built plane. It is aerobatted with great
frequency. It certainly seemed better made than the Russian equivalents
(we tend to have the Russky ones here, Russia being closer than China).
Not that the Russian ones are badly made, but quite a bit of Russian
stuff seems to have rather poor finish. The CJ6 had been made with the
attention to the fit and finish of all the parts of the airframe (and
was even corrosion-proofed, which is something Cessna didn't do until
they restarted production in the 1990s).

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net