Old March 9th 05, 01:23 AM
Bob Korves

On the Pik-20D that I had there were 2 static holes on each side of the
boom, 4 holes total. IIRC, one left and one right hole pair were connected
to one tube toward the panel and the other left and right pair went to the
other tube. It was a good static system with very small position errors.
-Bob Korves

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
(Istvan Csonka) wrote:

I am asking advices for the following:
On a PIK20D, there are 4(four) tubes comming up from the cockpit at the

panel:
1. Pitot from the nose
2. TE from the fin
3. Left rear fuselage static
4. Right rear fuselage static

On all gliders I've looked at, the right and left tail boom
fuselage statics are hooked together with a T (in the tail)
to produce a single static signal that is insensitive to yaw
angle. I can't say if that's right for a PIK, but I'd be
surprised if it wasn't. You might also want to verify that
there are no under wing static holes. If not, it looks to
me like you have one static, one TE and one pitot.

The ASI needs static and pitot, the VP9 needs the TE. I
know of no reason not to hook altimeter to static with the
ASI, so that leaves the PZL and its capacity. In theory,
you can hook it to either static or TE. There is the
potential to interfere with other instruments when hooking
it either way, so I'd ignore it (leave it disconnected or
not installed) until after I was sure the other instruments
were working well. Then you can try hooking it to the
static or TE. My mechanical vario goes to my extra static
(I've got a pair under the wings, a pair on the boom and one
on the fin).