Old August 15th 03, 03:49 AM

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:13:04 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

snip

The FAA regulates private (civil) aviation and public (government)
passenger-carrying operations, but no other public operations. NASA
flies fighters without FAA regulation but not the KingAirs carrying
managers around (new FAA rule, which was justified by a couple of
passenger-carrying charter-like flights, I think by state agencies,
that had serious accidents).

Lord help me for entering this thread, but it was sometime in the last
decade that "public use" w/passengers came in under the FAR (CFR for
those present that think like Tarver).

Was seriously under the impression that no pax still meant no regs for
"public use" aircraft.

We charter-hauled a Federal grant-funded duck-counter (I **** you not)
around in an Aztec for awhile a few years back, 'cause she couldn't do
the "mission" legally in a "public use" aircraft.

TC