Old February 4th 04, 09:29 PM
David Brooks

"Hilton" wrote in message
hlink.net...

The intent was a round-robbin flight. The start and ending point was the
same - it was not a repositioning flight unless I was specifically tring

get around the FARs. For example, if the FAA wants me to go on a long

100nm
XC, the intent is that I go far away from my 'home base' to gain

additional
experience in weather, flight planning, etc etc etc. To first fly 49nm
north, then 51nm is not at all what the FAA intended, nor does it give you
the aeronatical experience required by the FAA. Moreover, it makes a
mockery of every mention of "original point of departure" in the FARs.

But I did gain additional experience in weather and flight planning - it was
unusually low VFR for me, I minimized exposure to water and to towers, and I
was using a GPS model I'd never met before.

The legs were 40, 103, 67.

-- David Brooks