Old November 8th 05, 08:45 AM
Markus Voget

Default What kind of plane is that on their home page?

wrote:
Montblack wrote:
http://www.pilotsharetheride.com/
1. What kind of plane is that on their home page?

It is a French plane, a Robin DR_something to be precise.
Very nice aircraft, very popular on this side of the pond.
By the look of it, it is not equiped with the diesel engine.

It is a wooden construction, thus quite light. After a change in ownership,
the current producer is Apex Aircraft in Darois, France:
http://www.apex-aircraft.com/en/robin/index.htm

As Kees pointed out, they recently introduced a version with the Thielert
Centurion 1.7 aerodiesel. This "Ecoflyer" is currently the cheapest new
aircraft on the market having the latest advances in engine technology.
From what I read elsewhere, the diesel-equipped model already makes up
around 90% of their production. Good news for renters like myself...I would
be thrilled to see one appear in my vicinity in the not-too-distant future.

Greetings,
Markus