Old November 2nd 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bee[_2_]

Default Help interpreting an approach chart (KCCR LDA Rwy 19R)

Terence Wilson wrote:
http://www.airnav.com/depart?http://...5320LDA19R.PDF

Suppose I am approaching the KANAN NDB IAF from the south, maintaining
2500', which nav aid do I use to track 001 deg outbound? When I first
looked at the chart I assumed it would be the CCR VOR 001 radial, but
on closer examination it looks like I should be tracking from the
KANAN NDB.

Thanks in advance.

The localizer outbound. The chart would make it clear if some other nav
aid were to be used outbound.

Example ILS at Knoxbille, requires VOR outbound:

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0711/00218IL23R.PDF