Old February 25th 14, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default AMS selling LS4 package

On Monday, February 24, 2014 9:44:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
For those of us who don't know the back-story on AMS
and the LS-4, can someone enlighten us.

In today's installment of "How the glider manufacturers turn"...

After LS went bankrupt, a very nice gent bought the LS-4 rights,
toolings, and parts in progress (DG buying everything else LS-*).
He endeavored to LS-4 resurrect production with AMS, and they showed
one example constructed from parts in-progress at Friedrichshafen,
then the subsequent exhibit 2 years later IIRC they showed
the first (and IIRC only) unit built from scratch.

I don't have any knowledge of the commercial misadventures
or ultimate demise of this attempt. Even though the LS-4c
is a fantastic club glider, they weren't able to make a go
of it. Too bad!

At least that's what I remember - it was long ago.
Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"