Thread: JS3 chatter
View Single Post
Old December 16th 16, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default JS3 chatter

More interesting tidbits he http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewto...p?f=1&t=183997

Such as:

" Here is a little info released about the prototype machine .
It was flown in the 15 meter configuration .It has 18 meter tip option .really clean at the end of the tailfeathers - retractable tailwheel / no horn on the rudder / all ASI and pressure sensing probes on the tailplane extremities instead of the fin post to reduce interference drag .
Higher aspect ratio than current 15 meter crop with a 8.7 squ. meter wing .
Projected higher max wing loading at perhaps 61 kg. / squ. meter still to be ratified ?"

"The canopy now seals with car type door seals, ensuring no airflow/pressure gets lost at the joints. It also has an electrically operated air vent in front of the instrument panel, which works opposite to the conventional air vent. This is to ensure a better closing seal and prevent air flow coming in when you dont want it. The tanks are forward and aft of the main spar, to allow it to get to the 525kg mark on the small wing (I heard a figure of up to 68kg/m2, but I'm sure I heard wrong) The tips are interchangable direct from the Js1 Evo to the Js3 to make it the 18m version It also has an electric operated back rest

The 2 Js3's are going to be shipped via airfrieght to Aus for the word champs "