Old February 1st 04, 07:52 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:40:16 -0600, "boomer"
wrote:

because some people dont get up here much. Dont worry, I think if the group
can stand limitless posts about how awful polititians are , it can stand
this small post once a week for a while.

"Vaughn" wrote in message

"boomer" wrote in message
I'll repeat this every so often, probly once a week for a while.

The real problem, Boomer, is that the information request is so
nebulous that you can't get anything meaningful in return. I've got
the F-4C/D/E -1-1 in the bookshelf behind me. It's got the
"performance flight models" you seek, but it is a huge, telephone
sized book of charts and graphs. Finding something as basic as a
takeoff roll requires inputs of weight (need charts on weapons, fuel
load, suspension gear, ECM pods, missiles, etc--all based on
particular model). Then field elevation, available runway. Now add
some weather data like wind, temperature, pressure altitude. Oh, don't
forget slope. Finally you can get a takeoff roll. Which will lead you
to a nosewheel lift off speed and a takeoff speed. But, you still need
a decision speed, and a refusal speed, and a critical field length.

And, you haven't begun to fly yet. Then cruise and climb data and
range and specific fuel. Which requires model and drag and stability
index numbers.

You've asked for all the numbers of all the tactical airplanes "from
the F-4 onward". That's a lot of books and a lot of charts and a lot
of training to figure out how to use them.

Converting it all into "performance flight models" for a PC supported
simulator/gaming experience is not a trivial task.

Even if this were a binary group, it would be virtually impossible to
post the graphics of the charts you seek for even one of the aircraft.
For you to be able to do something meaningful with it would be
difficult.

Maybe you should narrow your request rather than repeat it.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press