Old January 9th 04, 07:32 AM
Morgans

"Margy Natalie" wrote

"Many true tidbits"

Margy, some people have been told by the media that the problems in
education are all the school's fault for so long, they believe it.

The situation is as bad as the poor reporting about aviation by the media,
and the general public is as poorly educated, and believes all the
mis-information they hear.

When you look at the students with good parents, with firm discipline, who
make sure the studies are number one, you see students who excel. John Q.
Publick thinks we should educate everyone to the same level, no matter the
IQ. or the devotion to learning. He will never think we deserve a raise or
better support until the results.

They need to look at the student to see where the problem is, but that
will never happen. You are wasting your breath.

John Q, tell us how to make the student care, and have the desire to be more
than mediocre. Do that, and scores will come. If you think we have bad
teachers, get the wages up so the best don't leave; then we can work on
getting the few "bad teachers" up to standard. It can't work the other way,
because there is no one any better to take their place. See the catch 22?