Old December 23rd 04, 08:22 PM
Frank Stutzman

Bruce McFadden wrote:

They charged me $40 flat fee..... a discount they said because it is a
small cylinder. That seem really steep to me.

Is this about right fur filling an O2 tank. I've heard that it is OK to
have the tank filled at other places such as with medical O2 or welding
O2. Is that OK?

When travelling, I've had to pay those kind of prices. Piracy. At home I
have a local medical supply outlet fill my E sized tank for $16. At that
price, I don't bother with trying to set up a self filling rig using
welders oxygen.

If I wanted to do that, though, I'd get a copy of "Oxygen Hackers
Companion" (http://www.airspeedpress.com/newoxyhacker.html). It goes into
a lot of details beyond aviation oxygen and is very well written.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"