Old August 9th 04, 01:31 PM
Jack Showers

decent (6 for the interior, 8 for the paint). They are asking $45,000
for it. I have done some research and this seems like an OK price but I
haven't seen too many of these with this many hours. Please give me
some feeback without flaming me too bad. :-)

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA

Jon:

I'm on my second Mooney, a 1974 M20F. The major points are that
they are small inside and out which is why they are a bit faster than
the other four-cylinder single retracts. They airframe is considered
to be among the strongest. The tanks do leak, but most of us don't
get too antsy about that until it's really bad, which takes years in
most cases. The leaks are usually only seen in traces of blue under
the wings. If they drip, well, that's a problem, but that's rare.
The gear doesn't require frequent repair as did my Arrow, for
instance. I flew a C model all over the South and West for about 6
years, and found it to be a good enough airplane that I didn't even
consider any other make when I got out of the partnership that owned
the C (and I've owned interests in quite a few airplanes). Once you
get used to the small interior and the slightly demanding landing
characteristics, you get sort of addicted. No question but that
Mooney ownership brings with it something of a cult appeal. There are
periodic Mooney Fly-ins around the US, a couple of which are monthly
events. The Mooney Mail List, recommended earlier, is excellent, with
huge archives covering everything imaginable regarding Mooneys.

Jack