Old April 21st 05, 05:22 AM
StellaStarr

Jay Honeck wrote:
BTW: With France's population of 60 million (compared to the US
population of 295 million), statistically France should be expected to
have around 42,000 aircraft and 3,800 airports, all things being equal.

Since they have 6300 and 481, respectively, I'd say their avgas prices
have done a remarkably good job of killing aviation in France.

Of course, this comparison doesn't take into account France's tiny (by
comparison) land-mass (which means they don't have room for as many
airports), but it nevertheless highlights what a horrendous impact
outrageous over-taxation can have on aviation.

It proves no such thing. American enumeracy at work.
The land mass of France, as far as I can determine from a quick sweep,
is one 18th that of the US. Is their number of pilots and/or airports an
eighteenth of those in this country?

Taxation? How did such a silly premise get started?