Old April 17th 19, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents

I will say for more than 40 years flying sailplanes (and some power) undershoots are more common at an airport.
Offfield, I would guess more like 50/50........

My common thing in the beginning of the flying season.....get current, then do several "hang all the crap out from high on final!" To see what it looks like.
This could be a SGS-xxx to a ASW-20A or C (which come down like homesick bricks when pushed).

As in other disciplines, "train for the worst, hope for the best!"

Yes, 8 years as a CFIG, did a lot more basic through XC training.
Some here know where I have landed before with no more than grass stains.