Old March 30th 21, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

Somebody needs to take a chill pill...

Dan
5J

On 3/30/21 9:57 AM, biff the dotard wrote:
On Monday, March 29, 2021 at 6:43:13 PM UTC-6, Walt Connelly wrote:

I've only known a couple of ring knockers during my time as an enlisted
swine in the USAF. One put an unopened can (an early pop top version) of
Ravioli in the convection oven on the Airborne Battlefield Command and
Control Center. When he returned to his seat with his Nomex gloves and
popped it open it exploded and distributed itself all over the capsule.
The look on his face with red tomato sauce covering him and those around
him AND the maps of Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam was to die for. The
Director, Airborne Battle Staff was not amused. We were finding Ravioli
in that particular capsule for weeks afterwards. The best of the best?
Well, maybe a few were.

Exploding ravioli? You can do much better than that in the fine art of officer and Zoomie bashing. How about the USAFA grad / retired AF Lt Col fighter pilot / Potato Head posing as an angry, aging, Kevlar-cladded Beetle Bailey / Zip Ties Rambo on the Senate floor? He's a true disgrace to the uniform. Sadly, he's also a paragon of a certain tribal strain of fight-to-the-death-for-my-beliefs "patriots" that have long flowed through the Academy, where the ongoing $158M Cadet Chapel renovation is apparently deemed essential to the matriculation of officer candidates. "Kill'em all and let God sort them out" is a literal threat when you understand the faith-meets-aggression crucible that inflames the far-right craziness among some graduates from USAFA sur Colorado Springs.

Most humiliating and telling, the militant bluster, under police questioning, quickly crumbled to yet another lie, "My thought process there was I would pick [the zip ties] up and give them to an officer...and I honestly forgot about them." Sure, uh huh.

Luckily, Larry the Insurrectionist Zoomie doesn't appear to have any gliding/soaring connection.