Old March 17th 08, 11:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default Why no remote unlock?

Most cars are already wired for electrically controlled door locks --
adding a simple radio controlled switch to operate in parallel with
the usual switches is easy. Most GA airplanes do not have the door
locks electrically controlled, as best I know. You're talking
extensive and expensive modifications -- just buy an extra key or two.

What's really needed are fancy wheel covers, and a rear view mirror
where we can hang fuzzy dice.

.

On Mar 17, 1:08*am, TheSmokingGnu
wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
When you think about it;
why not have the same ease-of-use items in the plane as the car.

Weight. Every pound you spend on a transmitter/computer, door motors,
mechanisms, entertainment systems, A/C, and/or My Little Pony Stickers
and so forth is another pound of fuel you can't carry, another pound of
person you can't carry, another pound of luggage you can't carry.

TheSmokingGnu