Old January 17th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Default GPS Longevity

Recently, Allen posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
et...

I also have a 295, and use Li-ions with it. I haven't been
inconvenienced by the lack of charging, but as I fly club planes I
don't leave the unit in it anyway. I get about 3-4 hours on a
charge, and the Li-ions retain their charge during non-use better
than Ni-Cads. For long XC, I carry an extra set but still run the
unit on the ship's power.

Hope this helps some...

Neil

I keep mine in my flight bag in the nylon pouch it came with in
between use. It has the unfortunate ability to turn itself on while
in the bag. The power button needs a guard.

I haven't run into that problem.

I will look into the Li-ions; they use the same setting in the 295 as
the ni-cads do?

Yes. They have the same power ratings as Ni-Cads as far as the 295 is
concerned.

--
Neil