View Single Post
Old October 31st 17, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Your question: How much will they be asking for the GP 15 JETA self launcher?

My answer: I may be the wrong person to answer, but I can tell you several facts about my purchase five months ago. The base price for the JETA was 93,900 USD.

This included the standard Galaxy BRS rescue system and the 25KW Rotex electric motor with MGM COMPRO speed controller. My trailer's base price was 14,900 USD. The trailer was optional; I heard from a fellow USA customer that he chose to go Cobra.

There are many options on both the glider and the trailer. I wanted to discuss avionics with them but now understand that it is too early to choose. My guess is that by the time I get to include the options, my JETA's price will be around 130,000 USD, or more (it will be fabric seats for me instead of leather) between now and then, there will likely be many changes to the options list. For example, the factory is trying to decide which way to go with the tail wheel: fixed, retractable, and/or steerable.

And what I really like is that the Technical Consultant wants maximum speed..

On YouTube you can google GP Gliders. As a future owner, my favorite video is the one with Sebastian Kawa talking about the GP-14 just before the 2017 WGC. Recognizing that he could win, I placed the order before the contest. And, he won.

Raul Boerner