Old November 26th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Default ID needed

Dingo wrote:
Just received from a friend without any info.

Methinks it could be a Fairey Firefly, but ...............

TIA
~
Dingo

Full flaps so he's either coming or going;

Squared wing tips

Tail empennage appears elevated

A hint of a liquid cooled in-line engine

Coverlets are attached to the landing gear

Lots of weeds in that field -- needs a mower.

B&W photo which has been folded in the center;

Taken from the ground, probably at the end or head of a runway

That's about as far as I got, but I do not know UK aircraft.

Cheers,

Dave