Old August 10th 09, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al[_7_]

Default xcsoar

On Aug 9, 5:18*pm, Papa3 wrote:
PS...............I recently bought aniPAQ310and have gotten that to
work as well, only flew with it 1 time as a test and it seemed to work
fine.- Hide quoted text -

Hey all,

So, I picked up a used IPAQ 310 on eBay and am trying to get this
stuff sorted out. * The unit I received shipped with the battery
almost completely depleted and the guy must have misplaced the special
face-plate for the charger/adapter. * So, I'm working off the slower
charge from another mini-USB adapter until I can get the face plate.
This means that I haven't had a chance to really figure out a few of
the basics of loading the software. * So far I have:

- *Downloaded the version of XCSoar for CE 5.0
( XCSoarPPC2003X.ARMV4.5.2.4)
- *Dumped this .CAB file onto an SD card
- *Stuck the SD card into the IPAQ

In the few minutes of working time I got to glance at the 310 user
interface before it powered down, I didn't see any way to get directly
to the CE shell. * *Which begs the question "how do I install on the
310?"

Can anyone give me a preview of what to expect in terms of installing
once I get enough juice into this sucker to be able to work on it for
a while? * The XCSoar Wiki just says to go to the CE File Explorer (or
whatever the equivalent is) and click on the .CAB file. * *Not having
played with CE, not sure what to expect.

TIA

P3

Download this version....
http://www.bware.it/xcsoar/LK8000alfa9.zip

in the Zip package there is a PDF the explains all.
I got mine working but the 310 I got did not ship with a charger so I
am stuck as well with the trickle charge which is no good.

Running the LK8000 version today on an Ipaq 3900 I was impressed with
it for sure.
The 310 I will fly with once I get the Blue Tooth serial and the
charging stuff figured out.

Cheers

Al