Old July 28th 03, 08:07 AM
Ken Duffey

"Bill Silvey" wrote in message
m...
"Ken Duffey" wrote in message

If anyone is interested........

Snipped.................

Sir: rotary wing question(s) for you:

The Russians had been working on RWAC egress systems that consisted of
rotor-cutting charges fired perhaps one second before cockpit egress; do

you
know if that was put into production and also was it made part of the
Ka-50-2 with it's tandem rotors (which I imagine might be more difficult

"clear")...

TIA.

P.s., as always, a wonderful web-page!

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Bill,

The Ka-50 is fitted with a Zvezda K-37 lightweight rocket ejection system
that extracts the seat and pilot after first shedding the co-axial (not
tandem) rotors.

AFAIK, the two-seat Ka-52 and Ka-50-2 have the same system.

There is a photo of the K-37 seat down the bottom of the Ka-50 pages at :-
http://mysite.freeserve.com/aircraft...aft_portal.htm

Click on the approriate link - Ka-50, Ka-52, Ka-50-2.

Ken Duffey