Old June 10th 04, 03:52 AM
Capt.Doug

"Ben Smith" wrote in message Does anyone know if 'jumpseating' is still a
employee fringe benefit with
FedEx, UPS, etc? Or did the FedEx 705 & 9-11 incidents ruin it all?

I don't know about Fed-Ex (they may have a special dispensation but I doubt
it), but if you aren't a pilot, or a dispatcher assigned for training, for
that airline, you ride in the back. Fed-Ex's smaller planes don't have seats
in the back. Most passenger airlines extend a professional courtesy to
freight pilots by allowing them to ride in the cabin even though they aren't
allowed to return the favor. Hopefully, with the new TSA programs being
tested, the cockpit will once again be opened to all of our brethren.

D.