Old September 11th 13, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Soaring video goes viral - 250,000 views in three days

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:58:50 +0100, Gilbert Smith wrote:

He has flaps right up / left down so the turn is no surprise, and he
says that was the 87th take because most times it doesn't centre
properly.

I saw that the elevons were bent to 90 degrees and did at one point think
I saw one down. However I thought that the last shot of its rear end
showed them both up, so thanks for correction.

I'm not surprised he took several shots, though 87 seems like a lot.

On a related topic, back in the 80s (IIRC), a few of the American indoor
fliers discovered they could win Indoor Hand Launched Glider contests
with very light microfilm covered models that they launched over a patch
of sunlight on the floor of the venue. I heard about this but never saw
plans or photos of the models: does anybody know if there are any films
or videos of these things flying? They'd fly a lot like that paper glider
though much slower.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK