Old February 28th 14, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cuflyer

Default SSA Region 1 Races?

Greg, took me a while to see this.
Region 1 is pretty much dead comp-wise. I fly out of Sugarbush and can tell you there won't be any races out of here any time soon. I, too, would like some Northern comps. Let me know if anything happens in Ct.

Cheers,
Tim
1FL

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:27:10 PM UTC-4, Greg Delp wrote:
Looking back through the threads for past few years, it doesn't look like there has been a Region 1 race since 2008. Do any of the racers from the area think there will be a race in Region 1 in the near future?

Is there any interest from the clubs in the Region in getting together to organize some type of soaring competition possibly in preparation for organizing a race in the future?

There are several members of the Connecticut Soaring Association who are looking to start getting involved in cross country and possibly races. Is the Red Baron Trophy still circulating somewhere in the region? Last I heard it was at GBSC. Spinning wheels here to help melt the snow faster.