Old September 20th 11, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Leasing Sailplanes?

Ian D wrote:
Hello,

Some college friends and I have been flying sailplanes with the
eventual goal of getting into competition soaring. This would not be
for a while, but we were wondering if it is common to find competition
sailplanes available for lease during a season? If so, what is a
'typical' cost range? Unfortunately the club and commercial operation
near us do not have any racing class aircraft available. Any advise
you may have for how we can eventually make our way into the
competition side of things is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- Ian D.

county? State? Flight experience? What do you consider racing class? -
any particular actual class?

How many friends? Why not buy a shared glider?

Darryl