Old December 11th 16, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Default SSA Competition Rules Committee Meeting Minutes

Idiocy.

This is really, really sad (embarrasing) but the saddest part is that we all knew it was coming. These folks simply cannot resist the voices in their heads.

This "disucssion" is like watching a Salem witch hunt trial. Flarm is the witch and the RC is setting up the burning pit and dunking the witch asking for a confession.

They really burned countless witches to death. But there were never any witches at all. So is Flarm leeching.

FACT: Stealth mode DRAMATICALLY reduces PowerFlarm's basic element, situational awareness, by DRAMATICALLY reducing the range to only 2km (or 1.2 miles). This is akin to turning the headlights off for oncoming traffic on a dark desert highway until very close, maybe.

So for two gliders coming head-on quickly, this gives them maybe 10 seconds, if Flarm is working perfectly for BOTH gliders (never the case).

What word best defines the opposite of genius? It fits this one perfectly. Slow clap for you here --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

Eventually, this one is going to bite you guys. 2 flarm equiped gliders, one or both in Stealth, are going to get killed.

I say, NO SAFETY COMPROMISE, ever. The "fake news" of flarm leeching has gone too far now. This is a ridiculous, pointless decision driven by fantasy and/or delusion.

FACTS: See http://flarm.com/wp-content/uploads/...ation-1.02.pdf

Section 3.1.7 PRIV

More later...