Old March 22nd 04, 03:38 PM
Doug

You left out the Faroe (spelling) islands. They are between Iceland
and Scotland and my understanding is they have an airport with fuel.
They belong to Denmark. Also, what is it like to fly VFR in Europe?
But yes, it's a great site. One thing, all these over the water regs,
who enforces them? I mean what jurisdiction are you under when flying
them?

Must be a great trip. I have flight planned it with my Jeppessen
FlightStar, but never flown it. I got the longest leg at 465 NM
(Greenland to Iceland), but it may be shorter if you land and fuel up
with portable tanks at an airport in Greenland, (maybe there is fuel
there, I dunno). I suggest you include some info for smaller, slower
GA planes, if you can.

(Ben Jackson) wrote in message news:Yzu7c.58383$po.546602@attbi_s52...
In article ,
Bob Webster wrote:
Just for fun, I put up a web page on flying to Europe:

http://xpda.com/flyingtoeurope

I really liked that site until I got the part about "unless you're flying
something slow, like a TBM 700 or a PC 12". Way to make a guy feel slow!