Old December 2nd 12, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Recent experience with TSA, soaring type parachutes, and commercial airlines?

Much older story; back in the mid-70s I delivered an Air Force T-33a from
Fairbanks to Anchorage for wing spar modification. They didn't have TSA
then, but the security dorks popped my bailout bottle and wouldn't allow the
parachute in the passenger cabin.

"son_of_flubber" wrote in message
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:40:48 PM UTC-5, Mike the Strike wrote:
I'm not sure that many TSA agents would know what a parachute looks like!

TSA ignorance is exactly what I'm concerned about. TSA employee have been
know to open parachutes to look for contraband.

I guess I could ship the parachute via UPS.