Old December 3rd 12, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Recent experience with TSA, soaring type parachutes, andcommercial airlines?

On Saturday, December 1, 2012 6:57:05 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Much older story; back in the mid-70s I delivered an Air Force T-33a from

Fairbanks to Anchorage for wing spar modification. They didn't have TSA

then, but the security dorks popped my bailout bottle and wouldn't allow the

parachute in the passenger cabin.

I remember hopping in KC-135's and noting there were only enough parachutes on the wall for aircrew, not PAX.

Frank