Old September 15th 04, 06:04 AM
Eric Greenwell

Marc Ramsey wrote:

Once upon the time, I would pop over to the SSA web site on a daily
basis, and take a quick glance at the front page to find out if there
was anything happening. The new front page looks and feels sort of like
that of an insurance company that contracted its web development work to
the second lowest bidder. The news page has been split up, and the stuff
is now buried in various spots.

It would be nicer to have the news available on the Home page, or at
least a "headline" for each item.

I can sometimes find what I'm looking
for, but the half-broken menus (in Mozilla, anyway) and the need to
login make it a chore to navigate around.

The menus are a little tricky with Netscape 7.1 (Mozilla derivative),
but usable. I did just send an email mentioning this tricky part and
suggesting the submenus last a fraction of second longer, so I could get
the mouse to them reliably. The menus used to be much worse for
Netscape, but that cleared up shortly after I contacted the web master
about it.

Things have changed when people contacted the SSA about changes, like
the menus, accessing the contest reports, and so on. I encourage people
to contact the SSA directly ) about it, or through
their Director.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA