Old March 11th 04, 10:17 PM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote

I didn't have time for this -- or anything else, for that matter. The inn
was full, and I was fighting constant interruptions of all kinds. But the
phone call was from the airport, and Mary said it was important.

Zach

Joe strode into the study, with me in trail. This room was minus any
post-it notes, and the atmosphere abruptly changed to 100%, Grade-A
aviation. A propeller; a spinner; a crop-duster's helmet; flying goggles.
They were all there, everywhere, wherever I looked.

Books on every topic were shelved neatly in rows, sorted by topic. World

War
I. World War II. Korea. Instrument flight. Working with wood. Working
with dope. Jim's books covered literally every aspect of aviation, from
aerodynamics to wing rib construction.

Overwhelmed, I asked Joe to sort out what he wanted me to take, and what

he
wanted to keep. With a dismissive wave of his arm, he replied "Take it
all..."

I was speechless. I was going to need a bigger car.

An amazing gift, indeed. Dr. Jim's love of aviation will now live on in

our
community long after he's gone, thanks to the generosity and kindness of

his
family. His 150-volume library will be made available for all of our

guests
and local pilots, and his memorabilia will decorate our hotel for many

years
to come.

Jay Honeck

Goosebumps and watery eyes, here, Jay. Take some pictures over to the man
that made this possible. He will be glad to know his stuff has found a
worthy home.
--
Jim in NC

---