Old November 18th 04, 03:00 AM
Andrew Sarangan

OK OK... What I meant was, every normal landing (other than short field
techniques) would involve a stall. I guess I have to be more careful in
my choice of words :-)

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
:

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
7...

I have to respectfully disagree. A short field landing is where you
plonk the airplane on the runway while it still has some flying
speed.

Sorry...weren't you the guy who just today posted "every landing
involves a stall"?

Usenet's going to be just that much less fun if you picking apart your
*own* posts.

Anyway, to each their own regarding technique. However, with a nice
steep approach and low airspeed, you can have both minimum flying
speed (or even a stall), and still have a rapid flare with no float.
It's all about keeping your approach speed sufficiently slow.

Yes, if you fly your approach at 1.3 Vs0, a full stall landing will
mean a nice long float. But that's not the correct airspeed for a
short field landing.

Anyway, I take it you now agree with what was my main point: that it's
NOT true that "every landing involves a stall". Thank you for your
cooperation.

Pete