Old October 18th 03, 04:37 PM
Duke of URL

"Snuffy Smith" wrote in message
. net

The question is how long before China implodes like the Soviet
Union????

Ahem. putting on Historian Hat - the one I earned specializing in
Governmental Evolution Thirty years ago, I loudly predicted that the
Communist Empire in China would last no more than 100 years. And that
after about 50 years, the nature of their new Imperial Class would
change.
This has been the record of EVERY group that took over China over the
millenia - HUGE changes *at first*, then gradually absorbed by the
inherent Chinese inertia. The current Chinese Empire is, so far,
cooperating with me - it's not even vaguely "Communist" any longer,
it's rapidly changing into a traditional Fascist state. The biggest
indicator of that is the way the PLA/PLAN are spending far more
manpower & resources & time on managing/developing their commercial
enterprises than they are on "military" affairs.